The Uninvited Press

US Nears Completion of Probe into Iran School Strike.
Share This:

Pentagon probe into February attack in Minab that killed over 150 children approaches conclusion, amid questions over targeting errors.

The United States military investigation into a controversial strike on a girls’ elementary school in southern Iran is “coming to an end,” a senior US commander has said, nearly three months after the attack that killed dozens of children and sparked international outrage.

The strike on 28 February hit the Shajareh Tayyebeh Elementary School in Minab, Hormozgan province, during the early stages of US military operations against Iran. Iranian officials reported that at least 156 people were killed, including more than 120 children, most of them young girls.

US Nears End of Iran School Strike Probe:

Preliminary findings of the US military investigation pointed to American responsibility for the strike, which was reportedly carried out with Tomahawk missiles. Sources indicated the incident resulted from outdated targeting data that failed to reflect the building’s use as a civilian school rather than part of an adjacent military facility.

On Tuesday, Admiral Brad Cooper, head of US Central Command, told a congressional hearing that the probe had been complicated by the school’s location on what the US described as an active Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) cruise missile base. He added that transparency was important as the investigation nears its conclusion.

Calls for Accountability Over Iran School Strike:

The attack quickly became one of the deadliest incidents involving civilian casualties in the recent Iran conflict. Human rights groups, including Amnesty International, described the strike as unlawful and called for those responsible to be held accountable. The United Nations has also urged the US to conclude its probe swiftly and release its findings publicly.

Iran has condemned the strike as a war crime, while the US has maintained it does not deliberately target civilians. Some US lawmakers from both parties have demanded a thorough and transparent review, with several calling for congressional oversight.

The Pentagon has not yet released final conclusions or acknowledged formal responsibility. Officials say a full report is expected once the investigation is completed.

The incident continues to fuel criticism of US and Israeli military operations in Iran and raises broader questions about civilian protection during intensified conflicts in the region.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Scroll to Top